Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Auction Donation: L.M. Murphy

Auction Donor: L.M. Murphy is a twenty-something Canadian who possesses a severe lack of brain-to-mouth filter and a great love for (among other things) writing, reading, tea, music, and tattoos. She has a fondness for swearing in both of her country’s official languages, and when she stops snarking, you can start digging her grave. Things she writes about include ghosts, Fae, and pretty much anything you can make creepy (and a few things that she probably shouldn’t have been able to make creepy). She spends way too much time on Twitter, telling stories about her ridiculous dog, and is incapable of going to bed at a so-called “decent” time. 

Donation Item: WINNER'S CHOICE! 
Highest bidder will get to choose one of these three things:

  • BETA READ: I'll read over your story/novel and offer grammar/spelling fixes, suggestions for improvement, or general feedback, as per the writer's wishes. I tend to use terms like beta reading and critiquing fairly interchangeably, so I'm more than happy to chat via email/other methods with whoever claims this item beforehand to make sure we're on the same page in terms of expectations. I've got several years of practise in writing and speaking English, have beta read for others before, and am comfortable with spelling and grammar. Please note that this may require more time to complete and be flexible about that. 
  • SHORT STORY: I'll write a short story for whoever claims this auction item. They can provide as much or as little guidance as they like, whether they choose to offer me a prompt and see how I interpret it or they give me guidelines about the characters and the situation they get into. I can write about my own characters, if the person who claims this item is familiar with them and would like that, or do something entirely new specifically for that person. I typically write horror and/or fantasy--the horror is more on the psychological and supernatural side, while the fantasy ranges from standard grade "quest" stories to urban fantasy in the present day with Fae involved. I'm most comfortable in those genres, but I'm willing to try others as well. Please note that I won't write fanfiction for this item, and the length limit is approximately 10,000 words. Examples of shorter pieces of fiction I've written can be found here; I recommend these three particularly, as I'm pretty proud of them.)
  • BIO WRITE UP: I enjoy writing bios for people, and I know a lot of people find it really awkward to write about themselves, so I'll do it for you! You provide me a few bits of info, I write you an entertaining bio. It can be a short one for something like Twitter or a longer one for a blog or something similar; your call. 

Starting bid: $20


*Please ONLY bid in $1.00 dollar increments (no loose change).
*Please leave bid amount and email address in this format: 
$__
emailaddress [at] provider [dot] com


Availability: International. Everything will be delivered online, and any communication between myself and the people who claim the items will also be done online. 

7 comments:

  1. $30
    elissaadickey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. $35
    darkdragonsflame@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. $40! :)
    elissaadickey@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. $42
    darkdragonsflame@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. BIDDING OFFICIALLY CLOSED! Winner will be emailed with directions on how to claim their prize! Thank you for supporting Summer Heacock and her family!

    ReplyDelete